- A new Magneti Marelli Automotive Lighting plant has been inaugurated in Changchun, in JV with FUDI.
- The plant covers an area of 30.000 square metres, of which 17.000 are dedicated to production of LED headlamps and LED rear lamps
Magneti Marelli Motherson (MMM) inaugurated its new plant at Bawal in Haryana, which will manufacture automotive lights and air intake systems.
MMM, an equal joint venture between Magneti Marelli, Italy and Samvardhana Motherson Group India started with 3 plants across India covering the main automotive OEM locations in Pune, Sanand, & NCR (National Capital Region, Delhi area). This plant in Bawal will meet the growing requirements of the customers in the region.
Magneti Marelli will invest $ 35 million to expand its automotive lighting production capacity in the US, by converting an existing company plant in Independence Township (Oakland County, Michigan) into a facility dedicated to the production of headlamps. The new plant layout and activity will create more than 360 jobs over five years.
Automotive Lighting, the subsidiary of Magneti Marelli Spa, devoted to the automotive lighting sector, is seeing a constant growth of the business in NAFTA and the new investment satisfies the need to serve local customers in the Michigan area.
· Magneti Marelli will be present with the exposition “Tech & Racing Experience” in Pavilion 26 (Stand B44) and with Magneti Marelli Checkstar in Pavilion 31 (stand B27)
Magneti Marelli celebrates the 40th anniversary of its plant in Sanford, North Carolina – USA. Inaugurated in 1976, the plant is dedicated to the production of automotive powertrain technologies. Over its 40 year history, the plant has evolved from producing carburettors into modern powertrain systems including intake manifolds, electronic throttle bodies and engine control systems for automobiles, motorcycles, powersports, and industrial engines. This important anniversary is celebrated with a Family Day that involved all employees and their families.
· Focus on Magneti Marelli Technology in the fields of Lighting, Powertrain, Electronic Systems and Motorsport. Multimedia totems on the Alfa Romeo and Fiat stands
· Magneti Marelli technology for the Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce e Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta
· Magneti Marelli LED ligthing technology for Audi A5 and Q5, Porsche Panamera, Mercedes-Benz AMG GT and GT-R