Hyundai Group prepares a new SUV for Korea
The Hyundai Group is preparing the development of a new SUV to be distributed initially in Korea.
The vehicle, whose name could be Leonis, will exploit the platform from which the third generation of the Kia Picanto has already come out or the one that led to the launch of the Hyundai i20 Active.
Production will be entrusted to the new Gwangju factory in which the Korean company will have a 20% share, while the remaining 80% will be in the hands of the city authorities.
The plant, for the construction of which will be invested the equivalent of about 500 million dollars, will be operational between 2020 and 2021 and will have a production capacity of 100 thousand units per year.