The reduction of carbon emissions and fuel consumption is essential for the future of mobility. Thus the time to market new cars and components is increasingly related to their influence on the environment and to the measures that every country is progressively adopting to hold the effects of an exponential boost of mobility.
Magneti Marelli efforts are focused on powertrain technologies (direct injection, advanced engine control, multi-fuel solutions), transmission and exhaust systems, but also on a smart traffic management, thanks to info-telematic and navigation devices or possible lighting solutions. Finally, there is the new era of hybrid and electric propulsion.
Magneti Marelli’s most important technologies in this area are:
- New lighting solutions (front and rear lamps) (e.g. Xenon solutions + Led with a potential benefit of 2g/Km of CO2).
- Advanced engine control systems gasoline/multi-fuel and diesel.
- Double clutch and robotized Transmissions.
- New materials for suspensions and shock absorbers (use of hybrid compounds)
- Green Active Driving
- Electric/Hybrid Propulsion