Magneti Marelli has been involved in motorsport since the company’s foundation in 1919 and its history is intertwined with some of the most famous race wins and significant successes in the history of the MotoGP and the Formula 1 World Championships.
Magneti Marelli Motorsport designs and produces state-of-the art electronic and electro-mechanical systems for two- and four-wheeled racing vehicles. In particular, it develops high-tech systems for engine & vehicle control, fuel injection, data acquisition, race telemetry, electric powertrains and high-performance automatic transmissions.
In addition, Magneti Marelli also supplies ancillary components such as dashboard displays, alternators, voltage regulators, ignition coils, pressure regulators, and fuel pumps. One of the fastest areas of development is Magneti Marelli’s research work on energy recovery systems (ERS), such as those used in Formula 1 and other professional motorsport series, as well as the electric motors and inverters used to power Formula E electric race cars.
· Telemetry & connectivity solution provider for all Formula 1 teams in collaboration with Formula One Management
· Consolidated know-how in hybrid systems originating in 2008 with the Formula 1 One KERS system
· Mahindra Formula E official powertrain supplier
· Race control management and safety solutions provider for FIA
· Standard Electronic Control Unit supplier for Dorna MotoGP
· Core expertise in electronics and control systems for two- and four-wheelers
· Components and system supply for single-seater championships (GP2, GP3, F4, CTCC, Brazil Stock Car and many others)
Magneti Marelli Motorsport has its headquarters in Milan, Italy, with manufacturing plants in Turin and Bologna, supported by application centres in key global locations, including Brazil, France, Japan, UK and USA.
Ultimately, Magneti Marelli’s passion for motorsport is driven by its people and the company’s devotion to innovation – of which motor racing is the perfect expression.